Region IV-B MIMAROPA
The region is also formally known as the Southern Tagalog Islands.
Palawan Islands Philippines
"The Philippine's Last Frontier"
Historical Tourist Attractions of Palawan
Puerto de Sta. Isabel.
The historic Taytay Fort, built in 1667, under the Augustinian Recollect Fathers, was used as a military station during that period. The fort's small chapel and cannon are still intact. Constructed in 1667-1738, it is under the National Museum of the Philippines.
It is located in Poblacion, Taytay, Palawan, reachable in eight hours of land travel. From the Malvar Terminal in Puerto Princesa, one can take a Taytay bound jeepney or bus and get off at the Taytay church. The fort can be reached by a three-minute walk from the church. Taytay is 215kilometers from Puerto Princesa City.
Built during the early Spanish period, purposely to protect the people from their enemies, it is considered as one of the most ancient and unique forts in the Philippines. Within its walls are the church, the convent, and the only Perpetual Adoration chapel in Palawan. Cuyo, incidentally, became the second capital of Palawan from 1873 to 1903. Completed in 1680, the fort is a historical naval structure that was built during the early part of the Spanish colonial period. Three forts were constructed to protect its ancestors against the attacks of "" Moros"" which were prevalent during the 15th to 18th centuries.
It is located in Poblacion, Cuyo, Palawan, an hour and 30 minutes by air and 24 hours by sea from Manila. Cuyo can be reached from Manila via the Air Pacific Airways. It is also accessible by sea from Puerto Princesa City and Iloilo province via MV Milagrosa, and from Manila, via MV Asuncion.
It was built on the coast atop a small mountain. It is made of sea rocks mixed with lime. This old fort served as a church, ground force, and safety place of the residents during attacks staged by pirates and marauders. It is located in Cagayancillo, Palawan.
It is still in use after more than 100 years. It serves as guide for international vessels which pass through the Balabac Strait. It is located in Poblacion, Balabac Island, Palawan.
Former site of a Japanese garrison, it is a few yards from the Immaculate Concepcion Cathedral. 143 American soldiers were burned inside a tunnel during the World War II. It serves as a Memorial Park in honor of local heroes, and American soldiers.
It is managed by Jesuits in Culion, Palawan.
Port Miller & Lighthouse Tower.
A historical landmark in Brooke's Point, Port Miller is a cemented water tank constructed as a source of potable water for the natives and the settlers of the municipality. The original Lighthouse Tower constructed by Sir James Brooke is still visible but much of the area is now occupied by a new lighthouse tower.
It is located in Brooke's Point, Palawan, about 192 kilometers south of Puerto
Princesa City or 3-5 hours by land. Buses and jeepneys depart daily from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm from Puerto Princesa City.
Palawan Islands Philippines
Palawan Political Subdivision
Palawan Language / Dialect
Palawan Medical Facilities
Palawan Police Stations
Palawan Tourist Information
Palawan Is Famous For..
Palawan Festivals & Events
Palawan Historical Attractions
Palawan Cultural Attractions
Palawan Natural Attractions
Palawan Religious Attractions
Palawan Special Interest Attractions
Palawan Hotels And Resorts
Philippine Cuisine Island Philippines
Philippine cuisine consists of the food, preparation methods and eating customs found in the Philippines. The style of cooking and the food associated with it have evolved over many centuries from its Austronesian origins to a mixed cuisine of Malay, Spanish, Chinese, and American, as well as other Asian and Latin influences adapted to indigenous ingredients and the local palate. More details at Philippine Cuisine Island Philippines
While we strive to present information as
accurately as possible,